This summer, it’s all about bold nail colours and fun nail art. According to Yuvati Shah, owner of Spa Royale at Royal Palm Hotel Umhlanga, people are making more of an effort than ever with their nails. Shah gives us insight into the colours, shapes, and finishes that will champion this season.
This year’s best daring trends are different from the vibrant corals and neon oranges of the past. You can also try shaking up your look with nail art. Here are some of the most popular trends to follow this summer:
- One of the most traditional ways to beautify your hands is the French manicure. Keep the nails short and tidy, but instead of the expected white tips, replace it with a rainbow of colours. You could even add some colour at the cuticle line too.
- Clear Tips – clear nails were her prediction for the biggest trend in manicures. “Our cheat to achieving the style without extensions is to apply just one, sheer coat of polish to your nails.” Shah mentions.
- Nudes – A classic nude shade is the go-to for anyone looking for a neutral. Dare to try pastels for an updated look that will make you feel summery while still safe in your neutral-toned comfort zone.
- Graphic Line Nail Art – Linear designs have been in style for years, and they show no sign of leaving any time soon. “If you have a striper brush, you can simply draw a line up the centre of your nail, at an angle, or even right below the free edge,” says Shah.
- Coral tones – Once again, coral colours have always proven to be a popular trend throughout the summer months, and will continue to be. According to Shah: “The second summer starts I start getting requests for bright pinks and corals especially”.
Spicing up your nails is one of the liveliest ways to play with your beauty look. With summer just around the corner, now is the perfect time to jump on fun trends while we transition from spring looks. Pop into Spa Royale at the Royal Palm Hotel Umhlanga before summer gets into full swing. Contact 031 566 1286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.