Mother’s Day, although exciting, can be a particularly busy and stressful time for many – which means there has never been a better time to visit the spa! As a mom, most days are long and busy, so taking a few hours off to escape the stresses and strains of “mom-life” can be great for your health and your peace of mind.
One of the major benefits of spa treatments is the pampering you get while you are there. Being touched, and feeling comforted, can do a lot to change your everyday outlook and keep your spirits up, helping you feel more confident.
If you need more convincing, Yuvati Shah, owner of Spa Royale at the Royal Palm Hotel Umhlanga, lists 10 benefits of spa treatments:
- They help you to slow down and allows the body to re-generate.
- They treat all of your senses, putting you into a deeper state of relaxation.
- They help with anti-aging and promote radiant skin.
- They prevent health problems from arising.
- They relieve aches and pains.
- They improve health and fitness as well as promote weight loss.
- They prevent varicose veins.
- They promote better sleeping patterns.
- They improve blood flow and circulation.
- They help to release serotonin, the hormone associated with happiness, thus increases your happiness levels.
If you don’t want to come on your own or are looking for the perfect excuse to spoil your mom, why not bring her along?
As Yuvati Shah says: “We’ve all taken our mums for granted at times. But, when we stop and think about it, we realise just how much they’ve done for us. So, if there is one person that deserves to be spoiled and celebrated on her very own holiday, it’s Mom! What better way to bond with your mother than by having a leisurely spa day?! Not only will it be fun for both of you, but there are plenty of health benefits as well!”