We can all agree that weddings can be a rather stressful time. From the big elements down to the smallest detail, every bridal couple wants their day to be picture perfect. So why not choose a venue that will cater to your every need, and leave the details to the professionals at Royal Palm Hotel.
We recently chatted to Royal Palm Hotel Event Coordinator, Shireen Karamchand, and asked her for her top five reasons to host your wedding reception at Royal Palm Hotel…
- Location: According to Karamchand, many brides want the convenience of being in the city, as this is easier for their guests, and cuts down on travel costs for those who come in from out of town. With Royal Palm’s location in the heart of the Umhlanga New Town Centre, and not far from King Shaka International Airport, it’s the perfect choice for a city wedding reception.
- Accommodation: The Hotel itself offers a host of accommodation options, making sure that your out-of-town guests won’t have to drive on the night of your wedding, but simply take the elevator up to their rooms once the festivities are over.
- The venue: Royal Palm Hotel is able to accommodate between 70 – 80 guests, and the neutral tones of the venue allows you to transform the space into the wedding you’ve always dreamt of!
- On-site Team: Royal Palm Hotel has an on-site team ready and waiting to assist you with every detail of your wedding reception, from the décor set up, to the Executive Chef’s culinary prowess, and everything in-between, allowing you to truly enjoy your day.
- Photographic sites: Whether you want a park setting or a beach setting to capture your wedding day memories, Royal Palm Hotel is close to Chris Saunders Park, The Umhlanga Beach promenade and The Umhlanga Lagoon Nature Reserve, offering a host of stunning image backdrops.
Make sure Royal Palm Hotel is on your wedding venue shopping list, and allow their team to bring your dream wedding to life.
In this day and age, there is a wide variety of great skincare treatments available to us, making it quite daunting to determine the most suitable treatment for your skin condition or skin type. The two most popular skincare treatments used today are chemical peels and clinical facials. Yuvati Shah, owner of Spa Royale at the Royal Palm Hotel gives us the basic breakdown of the difference between the two.
What is a chemical peel?
Chemical peels are cosmetic, skin resurfacing treatments that can be used to improve the appearance and feel of the skin. They can be used to reduce pigmentation, mild scars, freckles and age spots. Chemical peels can also slightly tighten up the skin in order to minimize wrinkles and reduce fine lines around the mouth and under the eyes. However, the peel will not remove severe wrinkles as the peel is designed to remove the top layer of skin and only has minor skin firming effects.
Top three recommended chemical peels:
- The glycolic peel has the smallest molecular size and penetrates the deepest. It’s great for the exfoliation and rejuvenation of aging skin. Glycolic peels come in different strengths, depending on the results you’re looking for.
- Derived from milk, the lactic peel is ideal for skin that’s dry or sensitive to active ingredients like retinol. If you’re concerned about having an adverse reaction, the lactic peel is easier on the skin.
- The beta peel is used to treat acne in both younger and older patients. It uses salicylic acid to exfoliate the skin, help with oil control, and target the bacteria that causes acne.
Recovery time after a chemical peel depends on what kind of peel was done and how deep it was. With all types of peels, proper care of the skin after the peel is very important to speed healing, help results last longer, prevent infection, and avoid colour changes in the treated area caused by sun exposure. Proper skin care after a peel is very similar to the care used to prepare for a peel and typically involves cleansing the skin frequently; moisturizing the skin daily and avoiding any sun exposure until peeling has stopped. After the peeling has stopped, sunscreen should be used every day as new skin is more susceptible to sun damage.
What is a facial?
Facials are topical skincare treatments that can be used to clean pores, remove blackheads/whiteheads, exfoliate and remove bacteria as well as remove dirt and dead skin cells. Getting into the routine of clinical facial treatments will reduce toxins, dirt and grease found in your skin, which will reduce the chances of acne and uneven skin tone. Clinical facials are also great for increasing the blood circulation in your face, helping you look younger for longer.