Durban has always been spoilt with mild winters, which are usually just an extension of our summer days, so why not escape the cold of winter this season, and head to the coast? Take advantage of The Royal Palm Hotel winter special, that will not only warm up your winter, but will leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling in your wallet.
For the month of June, bring your family to Durban, book your suite for three nights at the Royal Palm Hotel, and you’ll only pay for 2 nights!
This amazing winter offer is priced at only R3 010 for two adults and two children (under the age of 12) per night, on a bed and breakfast basis, which means you only pay R752.50 per person per night, and the third night is on us!
This awesome offer is subject to availability, and t’s and c’s apply, so break the winter cycle and make your booking today by calling (031) 581 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This delicious, hearty recipe is sure be a treat for Dad this Father’s Day. As we enter June, we can really start to feel the presence of winter with darker mornings; that chill in the air and cooler nights, but this is perfect because a warm and wholesome meal is the best way to warm yourself up and feel satisfied with a full belly.
This Braised Oxtail with Root Vegetables in Amarula Cream recipe is one of Royal Palm Hotel Chef Alfons Rathje’s favourite dishes.
Here is how to make it for four people:
1 kg Oxtail
50 ml Oil
200 gr Onion, chopped
375 ml Beef stock
60 ml Red Wine
50 gr Tomato Paste
1 Bay Leaf
5 gr Thyme
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 Celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 leeks, chopped
2 Beetroot, chopped
1 Turnip, chopped
100 ml Amarula
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron pot over hot coals or in a heavy based saucepan over the stove
- brown the oxtail in batches until golden brown
- add the onion and sauté until soft
- add the stock, red wine, tomato paste, cloves, bay leave and thyme
- season and then simmer for about two to three hours, adding more stock if necessary, until the oxtail is tender and about to fall of the bone
- add all other vegetables during the last 15 minutes of cooking
- add Amarula to the stew to finish off the sauce
- remove cloves and bay leaf before serving
Serve and enjoy together at the family dining table whilst sharing conversation, making memories and spending quality time with Dad!