Royal Palm Hotel in Umhlanga recently welcomed Insika Foundation to their conference facilities.
Insika Foundation aims to bring sponsors and beneficiaries together to ensure successful results in all interventions.
Some of the delegates seen on the day were:
1. Spha Ntuli and Mlamuli Ndlovu
2. Benedict Mdluli, Michael Mathebuia and Tebogo Lebepe
3. Bongekile Mngadi and Benedict Mdluli
If you would like to host your next conference, meeting or product launch at a reputable conference facility, contact Royal Palm Hotel on 031 581 8000.
Just as we celebrate our Mother’s in May, June is dedicated to the Father’s and father figure’s whom have played a pivotal role in the lives of many.
In order to make it a truly special day, host a braai for dad, or perhaps a special lunch incorporating local flavours or create the perfect snack for him while he enjoys some much-needed RnR in front of the TV or while relishing his favourite past time.
Here is a quick chip & dip recipe with a local South African twist featuring Biltong, Bacon & Beer, sure to be a hit!
Biltong & Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
- Biltong x 80g
- Cream Cheese x 100g
- Jalapenos x 50g
- Salt x 1g
- Pepper x 2g
- Parsley x 5g
- Finely chop your biltong or put it in a food processor and blend it till it is in crumb form.
- In a bowl, add your cream cheese and blended or chopped biltong.
- Finely chop your parsley and jalapenos, add it to your cream cheese mix along with pepper and salt to taste only as the other ingredients may have salt content in them.
- Serve this with chips, as a bread spread or dip for whatever else you feel like having it with.
Beer Batter Bacon Bites
- Beer x 50ml
- Flour x 100g
- Salt x 2g
- Pepper x 2g
- Garlic x 2g
- Bacon x 200g
- Eggs x 2
- Oil x 50ml
- In a bowl, add your flour and seasoning and set aside.
- Finely grate your garlic and place it into a jug or mixing bowl.
- In a jug or mixing bowl that your garlic is in, crack your eggs and add your beer and whisk till your eggs are beaten well.
- Add the beer and egg batter to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Take you bacon and dust in flour then the beer batter and fry till the batter is crisp and golden brown.
- You can now serve this with your biltong and jalapeno dip.
- Don’t forget the ice cold beers on the side.
Recipe’s provided by Executive Culinary Artist Wayland Green of Granny Mouse Country House & Spa.