With winter behind us, having left many of us a little rounder, Granny Mouse Country House Executive Chef, Shaun Dampies, decided he would share a nice healthy spring snack with us that is really easy to make! So here it is…..
Soft cheese and health biscuit
- 100g Cream cheese
- 30g Mustard
- 1 Beetroot
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Tomato
- 20g Rocket
- 120g Muesli
- 400ml Balsamic reduction
- 50ml Honey
- 80g sugar
In a mixing bowl mix cream cheese and whole grain mustard together until smooth and pliable. Place into a piping bag with round nozzle
Place the muesli into a blender and blend until the raisins are small and all the oils and sugars are released.
Add in the honey after the mix is blended (this is what will help hold and keep the mix together).
In a sauce pot, over low heat, add in the balsamic vinegar and sugar.
Cook on medium to low heat (not boiling) the longer you cook it the more it will reduce and the thicker it will become,
Place the muesli biscuit mix on the plate.
Using the piping bag, pipe the cheese and mustard mix onto the biscuit.
Start building on the biscuit with the sliced red onion then the tomato, and then lastly add the beetroot.
Add fresh rocket on top of the salad, and finish off the meal with balsamic reduction
Serve and enjoy ….
Selecting that perfect venue for you and your team is never easy, but here at Granny Mouse Country House & Spa, we think we’ve got everything you could possibly be looking for! Here are just 10 reasons why we think you should choose us for your next conference.
- Located far from the hustle and bustle of city life, Granny Mouse Country House & Spa allows your team a more tranquil environment for generating those great ideas!
- Being in close proximity to the N3 highway, and only 1.5 hours from Durban means that transporting your staff to site becomes extremely easy and less time is wasted on unnecessary travel.
- Granny Mouse Country House & Spa offers a host of accommodation options, including 32 rooms on site & the newly refurbished Granny Mouse Farmhouse easily, accommodating your entire team.
- Granny Mouse’s excellent culinary options make meal selection extremely tricky when deciding on your dishes, but ensures pleasant surprises during meal and break times.
- Attention to detail and creating a ,”home away from home,” for all our guests is our speciality, whether it’s making you feel special when you arrive or making sure we have that wine you really love. Whatever the request, our staff are sure to go the extra mile.
- Granny Mouse Country House & Spa has a number of conference venues for you to choose from and can assist in ensuring that the best very is chosen for your requirements.
- Not only do we offer a range of unique team building activities, there are also a number of activities in the area, making the social element of your conference more impactful
- Granny Mouse Country House & Spa thrives on making your conference different, and will tailor-make a conference package to suit your every need.
- It’s always difficult to satisfy everyone when conferencing, and that is where Granny Mouse offer the very best in gender specific activities. There are spa treatments and chocolate tasting for the ladies and wine, whisky or brandy tastings for the gents.
- Our professional staff include a dedicated Conference Manager, who is there to assist you every step of the way to ensure that your event is a resounding success.
Try Granny Mouse Country House & Spa for your next conference; you’ll be glad you did. Contact 033 234 4071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org