The culinary work of art takes shape with Granny Mouse’s Eaves Restaurant’s new menu
“Always cook like as if it were for the person you love the most on earth!”- Emmanuel Stroobant
And as the saying goes, this shows our love of food, specifically with fine dining fare, where there is so much to take into account from the finest seasonal ingredients to the finished culinary work of art served on a plate.
General Manager of Granny Mouse Country House & Spa, Sean Granger, says his team are continuously crafting new creations to satisfy even the pickiest food connoisseurs at The Eaves Restaurant, one of the few fine dining establishments in the KZN Midlands.
The restaurant has just launched their entirely new degustation menu that includes wine pairing, kicking off with:
- Textures of cauliflower (pickled, marinated, purée, roasted, apple, lemon & walnuts) paired with Rijk’s touch of Oak Chenin Blanc
- Kob (ratatouille, tomato consommé & pea shoots) paired with Thelema Sauvignon Blanc
- Springbok carpaccio (cauliflower mousse, mushrooms & truffle oil) paired with La Bri Merlot
- A palate cleanser selected by our head culinary artist
- Beef fillet (sweet potato purée, cream cheese & butternut shavings) paired with Louisvale Dominique
- Enjoy chocolate marquise (red wine Soup & toast flavoured ice cream) paired with red wine hot chocolate & choc chip biscuit.
There is also a superb a la Carte option for patrons made up of many mouth-watering dishes. All of the dishes presented in the 5 course menu are also made available for guests in the Ala Carte menu with a range of new dishes, including:
- The (V) tomato & apple soup served with garlic roll
- Prawn wonton (spring onion, ginger & vinegar)
- (V) Textures of cauliflower (pickled, marinated, purée, roasted apple & walnuts)
- (V) Pumpkin tortellini (walnuts & sage beurre noisette)
- Lamb noisette (yoghurt, courgette & mint salsa verde)
- Beef fillet (sweet potato purée, cream cheese & butternut shavings)
- Bush pig belly (cauliflower purée, honey mustard sauce & poached apricot)
- Bush pig loin (pea purée, pickled)
- Venison Loin (pistachio puree, lemon, honey and Cajun)
- Kob (ratatouille, tomato consommé and pea shoots)
- Springbok carpaccio (cauliflower mousse, mushrooms and truffle oil)
- Butter fish (chorizo, baby shrimp, mussel ragout and caper dust)
- Tuna (carrots and baby marrow ribbons, garlic pomme puree, lemon butter sauce and sesame seeds)
For diners with a sweet tooth there is a varied selection to choose from and indulge in from:
- Chocolate Marquise (red wine soup & toast flavoured Ice cream)
- Thyme infused panna cotta served with gin berries
- Textures of citrus (orange, lemon, lime & grapefruit)
- Deconstructed royal cake served with caramel ice cream
- Pastry garden (served with berries)
- South African cheese selection featuring preserves & biscuits
- Alcoholic ice cream (enquire as which flavours are the order of the day) and a sorbet trio (check out the flavours of the day with your waitron)
And as the saying goes “Part of the secret of success is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside” – Mark Twain.
“This menu has been a labour of love and we know that it will be a positively memorable eating experience for all our diners and our guests,” comments Granger.
For more information contact Granny Mouse on 033 234 4071 or visit www.grannymouse.co.za